||powerful wi-fi streaming for any audio system - easy connection to a DAC
||perfect streaming partner for iFis ZEN DAC Hi-Res DAC / headphone amplifier
||open source architecture - works future-proof with different platforms
||specially designed hardware and software - designed from the ground up for exceptional music reproduction
||state-of-the-art Hi-Res audio support over wi-fi
||problem-free integration of streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
||incl. 9 volt iPower power supply
||we are specialist dealer for ifi-Audio products - your authorized dealer in Leipzig
The ZEN Stream is an affordable, flexible, open source network audio transport / audio streamer for music lovers who value sound quality. It is a compact and inexpensive option to add a streaming function to your existing audio system.
The ZEN Stream works as a bridge between your wi-fi network and your audio system. The ZEN Stream is connected to your router via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable and forwards the digital data to an external DAC (or amplifier / loudspeaker with digital input) via its USB3.0 or S/PDIF output.
Are you inexperienced in high-end audio and want to stream? Here the ZEN Stream offers the perfect, user-friendly entry-level solution. Together with the ZEN DAC and the ZEN CAN you get an affordable, high quality audio system.
The ZEN Stream is designed to enable flexible, affordable, high quality network streaming in any audio environment.
- Powerful 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex microprocessor.
- Supports data rates of 32 bit / 384 kHz and DSD256 via wi-fi and ethernet connection.
- Streaming directly from the Spotify or Tidal app with Spotify and Tidal Connect.
- Integrated Airplay and Chromecast (Chromecast will be available as a FW update after the market launch) - easy streaming from Apple and Android devices.
- ROON, DLNA and NAA compatible.
- "Exclusive" mode selection - dedicated streaming modes (e.g. DLNA, NAA, ROON, Tidal) for best performance.
- USB and S/PDIF outputs are controlled with Femto-Precision GMT clock generator to eliminate jitter.
- Active noise reduction and iPurifier technologies remove distortion from the audio signal.
- Dual band wi-fi reception (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) with 802.11a / b / g / n / ac support.
Wi-Fi audio transport.
Just add Remote Control.
Beneath its classy exterior, the ZEN Stream is a technological streamer-de-force. It has one purpose - to send music from the Internet to your DAC with no loss of quality.
True hi-res performance of PCM384/DSD256 via WiFi/LAN. Just add your smart device as a remote and away you go.
Optimized open-source architecture - works with multiple dedicated platforms, completely and perfectly future-proofed as it is constantly updated.
Ease of use + audiophile implementation. It is the bee’s knees of Streamers.
Warp speed tech.
ZEN Stream is a true ground-up design by iFi — the hardware and software implementation is quite exceptional:
- Two SuperSpeed USB3.0 ports with Active Noise Cancellation
- S/PDIF out with the iPurifier built-in
- Power supply with Silent Power tech
- iFi software developed with Volumio open-source as the starting point, then coded and optimised by us to achieve the purest streaming software bar none
‘Exclusive’ for your ears only.
The ZEN Stream has one of the most fully-optimised software platforms in the world.
From the device’s drivers, to the kernel (the heart of the operating system), to the shell (which interfaces with the kernel), to the applications and the user interface — everything is fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance.
An ingenious part of the ZEN Stream’s design is the ability to select between ‘Exclusive’ modes – individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance. All other programs are shut down – to minimise ‘software jitter’ — an often overlooked aspect that negatively impacts the quality of computer audio playback.
This ensures that the ZEN Stream is not merely a ‘jack of all trades’, but a master of all too.
Who’s who of Streaming.
Hot off the press, the ZEN Stream has the following connectivity options:
- Stream straight from Spotify/Tidal apps with Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Works with any DLNA certified streaming app
- Integrated Airplay and Chromecast – easy streaming from Apple and Android devices
- Roon compatible – basically, it adds Roon to any DAC
- NAA operation in conjunction with Sygnalist’s HQPlayer software
||DC 9V/1.8A up to 15V/0.8A
AC 100 -240V, 50/60Hz
||Wi-Fi / Ethernet / USB HDD
(Firmware updates via OTA and USB-C at rear)
||USB3.0 (Type-A Socket) x 2
||no signal ~6 W
max signal ~10 W
||158 mm x 100 mm x 35 mm
(6.2" x 3.9" x 1.4")
||578 grams (1.14 lbs)
Scope of Delivery
- 1x iFi-Audio - ZEN Stream - network audio transport / audio streamer
- 1x 9 volt iPower power supply (only with Euro plug)
- 1x ethernet cable
- 1x antenna
- 1x plastic screwdriver
- 1x quick start guide
- 1x instruction manual
Other products of the manufacturer: